Utah Mountain Biking
Between April 24 & May 4, 2010, m Portland friend Larry and I had a mountain biking adventure in Eastern Utah and Western Colorado:
- A one day, warm-up ride in Black Dragon Wash, off of I-70 in Utah's San Rafael Reef;
- A six day hiking and biking trip organized by Western Spirit into Canyonland National Park's "Maze":
- One day hike down into Horseshoe (aka Barrier) Canyon to see Pictographs, including the famous Great Gallery panel;
- Bike ride from North Point to The Maze Overlook;
- One day climb down into The Maze to explore its bottom & see the Harvest Pictograph Panel;
- Three more days of mountain biking, finishing up at the Hite Marina area of Lake Powell.
- Couple days of mountain biking around the Fruita, CO, area;
- A day of mountain biking just outside of Moab, UT.
All in all, we had a great time, albeit it wasn't the warm vacation we envisioned.
And I was able to snap some pictures ... see below galleries.